Booking now for autumn 2022
"Highly recommend Neil’s 1-on-1 drawing classes. He is very experienced and is equally gifted at explaining and guiding his students to learn the essentials quickly in a personalized and fun way".
“Thank you so much for the lessons. I feel like I have re-discovered my ability to draw and paint and have more knowledge and confidence to keep up my skills.”
One to One online tuition with artist & author Neil Hague
£35 p.h. – 12 hours booked over a 4 to 6 week period.
The tuition (course) aims to cover a range of techniques and processes with a focus on:
- ‘Individual’ creativity
- Support with college projects and problem solving (where requested)
Lessons are based on individual requirements depending on the needs of the learner.
1:1 Online Tuition with Neil:
Art & Design Tuition as directed by Neil, based on a free 20 minute initial chat with you regarding your interests and focus.
All booked tuition is Via Zoom
• Further/Higher Education (University)
• Adult/Casual learner
Tuition includes, but is not limited to:
- Freeing the right brain through doodling.
- Painting to music and meditation (Journeying).
- Drawing Skills – visualisation techniques, character creation & generic skills.
- Deeper insights into Neil’s metaphysical concepts and publsihed work.
- Guided visual exercises bringing consciousness into ‘form’ through drawing and painting.
- Set projects, power points and PDF guide for your own personal use.
I have many years exeperience of teaching and tutoring both adults and school leavers in Art, Design, Graphic Design and Illustration. I am a multi-skilled creative practioner who has taught vocational and academic courses for over twenty years in Further Education. I have extensive knowledge of UK awarding body requirements, Pearson (BTEC), OCR and AQA . I have taught at six major colleges in the UK since the late 90s and have a MA and PGCE and hold a recent full Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate/references.
I offer bespoke lessons that are tailored to help each tutee reach their full potential, in a friendly, relaxed environment, sharing all the tips of the trade and honing individual strengths by working on developing ideas and clarity of expression. I also specialise in portfolio preparation for entrance to Art Foundation, BA and MA Illustration and Graphic Design courses. I also specialise in getting students through their exams at both GCSE and A-Level.
My Tutoring Approach:
Having started my career as a graphic designer and book Illustrator in London, I have broadend my experience and skills into other two dimensional media so to widen my scope of teaching. The departments of Colleges that I have taught at over the past two decades have had outstanding results at GCSE, A-level and vocational courses, and many of my students went on to study at principal art Universities including Central St Martins, Chelsea and Falmouth.
Teaching is about finding the unique personality of the individual and finding ways to encourage its expression. Allied to developing the imaginative and creative abilities that are needed to create opportunities that build on existing technical skills and introduce new ones. I use a combination of generic skill techniques and other excercises designed to improve your visualisation skills and stretch your imagination. The tuition should be fun, knowledgeable, creative and inspiring – I seek all of the above through my approach to drawing and painting.
I also have extensive experience of working with Home Schooled students and can offer bespoke hourly lessons for individual students in the comfort of your own home.
- Students will need basic art equipment; Paper, pencils, pens, some paints and brushes.
- For specialist classes, such as CAD, Photoshop, Graphics, etc, students are expected to have access to relevant resources of their own.
- All lessons are on Zoom at times that suit both Neil and the Tutee.
- Each Tutee receives a 100 page personalised PDF guide covering the detail of what Neil will teach you.
For more indepth information on what kind of tuition you will receive, watch this video
For another testimony click here
Private Art & Design Tuition (12 hours) for Adults & Students
Terms & Conditions
1) Tuition on the basis of the terms & conditions take place upon the execution of a receipt by neilhague.com of a correctly completed course form and payment has been made. neilhague.com’ reserves the right, in total discretion and with no need to provide explanations, to decline to accept a booking. In such situation no agreement arises any payments received by neilhaguebooks.com will be returned. The agreement is between neilhague.com and the client(s) and is the sole agreement between those parties. No variation of these terms & conditions shall be applicable unless agreed in writing by neilhaguebooks.com. The agreement is governed by English law.
2) If Tuition/courses are cancelled ‘by the client’, before the tuition begins, neilhaguebooks.com will retain 50% of the tution to cover costs and loss of booked sessions. Should Neil Hague have to cancel lessons, the student/client will initially be offered 2-3 alternative tuition times that can accomodate both parties. Should there be a need for Neil to cancel lessons for other reasons a refund will be offered based on what lessons have already gone ahead.
3) All bookings will be made at least 1 week ‘in advance’ of the lessons, so to allow for planning.
4) Our user’s privacy is of the highest importance. We will never share your details with third-parties and all of our data is kept secure and deleted in line with GDPR compliance.
5) A tuition booking form will be emailed once a payment has been made.